Advertisement for Deputy Head, Small Group Home
(Job No : JOB-2018-00710 )
Service : Small Group Home
Position Title : Deputy Head, Small Group Home
Reports to : Director, Care & Development
Supervise : 12 Care Staff
As the Head of PSGC, you will be part of this exciting program to lead the team towards smaller group care for higher needs children, and to shape the future landscape of residential care in Singapore. Your duties are (not limited to the following) include:
- Provide leadership to develop and maintain capability for the SGH to provide high quality of care to meet the needs of high need children and enable success of the Pilot
- Provide leadership over the day to the day to day operations of SGH and ensure that the safety and welfare of the clients are taken care of
- Set and review targets and objectives of the SGH on a regular basis
- Develop and review standard operating procedures (SOP) in compliance with MSF and licensing guidelines
- Ensure that all staff are well-trained and abide by the PSGC’s philosophy, mission, objectives, and operating principles in carrying out their duties
- Ensure that staff resources are adequate and plan staff roster to promote efficient and effective service delivery
- Manage staff-staff and staff-client relationships, and mediate any issues that may come up
- Provide oversight on the progress of intervention and casework to ensure that they are provided to enable timely rehabilitation and progress towards permanency.
- Plan and manage the budget of the PSGC, and follow proper accounting principles
- Provide regular updates to MSF on the progress of the clients, as well as operational where relevant
- Must have a Degree in Social Work/ Psychologist or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (of which at least 2 years must be relating to work with children with higher needs and 3 years of supervisory experience in the social service sector).
- Awareness in Trauma Informed care
- Strong leadership skills to lead and motivate the team.
- Resourceful, analytical and ability to work independently with proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
Preferred achievements / characteristics:
- Have initiative and willing to go an extra mile in helping families
- Able to adapt to different challenging situations
- Humble and open to learn and try out new theories and practices
- Believe in trauma-informed care and nurturing every child to its fullest potential
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicant to email Everlyn@cslmch.org.sg with their detailed resume and expected salary. Job Application Form for your download.